The Warmer Homes Scheme - Free Energy Upgrades for Eligible Homes
What is it
It is a nationwide scheme that delivers free energy efficiency improvements to the homes of people who are in receipt of certain welfare payments.
SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland) deliver free energy efficiency upgrades to homeowners who receive certain welfare payments. If you are eligible for the scheme and your property is suitable for works, SEAI can help make your home warmer, healthier, and cheaper to run.
Who can apply
If you can answer YES to the four questions below you are probably eligible so make sure to apply today!
Q1. Do you own and live in your own home?
This must be your main residence, where you live most days of the week.
Q2. Was it built and occupied before 2006?
This means the ESB meter was connected and property lived in prior to 2006.
Q3. Do you receive one of the following welfare payments?
- Fuel Allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme.
- Job Seekers Allowance for over six months and have a child under seven
- Working Family Payment
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
- Carers Allowance and live with the person you are caring for.
Q4. You have not received works previously under the scheme.
How to apply
If you have any questions, SEAI are happy to provide support throughout the process. You can talk to one of their team on 1800 250 204.
To submit an application, you will need to:
- Read and understand the Scheme and Application Guidelines
- Complete, sign and date the Application Form
- Arrange for the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) to complete, sign, date and stamp the relevant section of the application form
- Include a photocopy of one of the following with your name and address shown, to show proof of home ownership:
Your home insurance policy (not a quote)
Your mortgage statement
The title deeds to your property
Your Local Property Tax notification letter, along with a utility bill
If relevant, also include either of the following with the application form:
- Where you are on Job Seekers Allowance for over six months and have a child under seven years of age, a photocopy of your child’s birth certificate; or
- Where you are on Carers Allowance and live with the person you are caring for, a Carers Allowance Confirmation Form completed and stamped by DEASP
For further information about the scheme and application forms see Free Energy Upgrades for Eligible Homes